In its capacity as a consultant, the Faculty of Pharmacy works closely with companies and organisations in the field of pharmaceutics and healthcare. This ensures that industry-problems are resolved using a comprehensive approach that spans academic, research, and industry perspectives. Such collaborations also encourage sharing of knowledge and resources, and the channeling of efforts towards common goals.
Some of FPH’s consultancy projects are —
- Development of liquid bandages
- Dissolution compliance for selected fixed dose combinations as per pharmacopeia requirements
- Development of nicotine nasal inserts
- Improved nicotine release from chewing gum
- Stability of processed water and the determination of its surface tension
- Phytochemical analysis and qualitative HPTLC analysis of plant extracts