As an integral and flagship wing of the Faculty of Pharmacy, the Department of Pharmaceutics at RUAS is committed to providing excellent academic and pharmaceutical industry-oriented professional training, and promoting drug development research. In postgraduate pharmacy programs, pharmaceutics is highly sought-after because of its strong technical relevance and application in the pharmaceutical industry. Department’s mission is to keep pace with a rapidly changing scientific environment in order to develop efficient drug delivery systems beyond the needs of modern society.
This vibrant department is being spearheaded by Dr. S. Bharath, a dynamic leader with vast industrial and academic experience. He has played a key role in departmental growth and achievements. Currently, the department has ten faculty members composed of highly qualified and experienced Professors and Assistant Professors, and four non-teaching staff members who contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
A highly functional department in the Faculty of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics revolves around formulating new products, and provides a professional research environment since it focuses on the development of novel formulations. We aspire to march with the changing and challenging times by delivering an outcome-based education for leveraging scientific possibilities. With the latest laboratory technologies and the most current lab instrumentation, the department offers an exciting training environment supervised by experienced teachers.
The Department of Pharmaceutics has state-of-the-art facilities as per the evolving needs of the ever-changing pharmaceutical and health care industry. The department has established advanced labs for its P.G students, Ph.D., and research scholars which are well equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation. It has well equipped undergraduate and postgraduate laboratories, advanced research laboratory for Ph.D. scholars, and a sophisticated instrumentation room with advanced instrumentation like LC-MS, HPLC, UV-Visible spectrophotometers, Lyophilizer, Brookfield Viscometer, Probe Sonicator, Cold Centrifuge, In vitro Dissolution apparatus, Fluidized Bed Dryer, High-Speed Homogenizer, several statistical software, etc. These facilities are supported by a central computer lab with internet facilities.
The department in collaboration with other research divisions of the Faculty of Pharmacy and research centers across RUAS is capable of providing a wide range of formulation development activities to facilitate the commercialization of pre-approved active pharmaceutical ingredients, new molecular entities, drug products, and other novel excipients.
- Preformulation characterization
- Solubility enhancement techniques
- Modification of conventional dosage forms
- Multi-particulate Drug Delivery Systems
- Ocular Drug Delivery Systems
- Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems
- Polymer technology
- Dental preparations
- PKPD studies
- Long term stability testing
- Development of new technologies for commercialization
- Highly qualified and seasoned staff
- State of the art facilities
- Publications in national and international journals of repute – 160
- National and international level Conference Presentations – 200
- Industry consultancy projects
- Collaborative Research with allied sciences
- Three book publications catering to the academic needs of UG and PG
- Successful placement in leading pharmaceutical and allied industries on a consistent basis
- Annual filing of Indian Patents (Patents filed — 23, as of Feb 2021 )
- Award of Indian Patents — 04
- Industry academia Interaction to carry out industrial training and projects
- Conduct of regular seminars and guest lectures for knowledge updation
- Workshops on trending technical knowledge
- Updated pedagogical approach
- Publication of quarterly e‑newsletter SCINTILLA