Department of Pharmacy Practice
Department of Pharmacy Practice, the most versatile discipline is one among the stalwarts of pharmacy education by facilitating the students to excel in comprehensive medication management, thereby, delivering exemplary patient care alongside fostering leadership skills and lifelong learning.
The major privilege for this department is its location in close vicinity with two renowned Hospitals i.e., Ramaiah Memorial Hospital and Ramaiah Medical College Hospital with 1100 bed capacity within the campus that caters to patients belonging to diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Our esteemed hospitals are the epitome of state-of-the-art equipment facilities, amenities, and a stalwart team of health care professionals.
Ramaiah Medical College hospital in partnership with the Department of Pharmacy Practice has successfully instigated Drug Information Centre (DIC) to offer various clinical and hospital pharmacy services such as patient counseling, answering drug information queries, and medication therapy management.
Inter-Disciplinary Community Orientation Program (IDCOP) is a value-added program offered by the department. This event is very unique, where five disciplines of health i.e Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Dental faculties and students join together to offer service to villages. This exposure will enable the students to understand the ground reality of people living in low socio-economic grounds. The experience gained by the students will be instrumental to carry out higher studies in public health, as these activities are well appreciated in national and international forums.
Department of Pharmacy Practice is composed of 9 extremely competitive faculty with outstanding track records and clinical knowledge as well as in pharmaceutical care and drug safety. Faculty and students are regular recipients of national, international scholarships and travel grants to attend conferences organized by the International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology, European Society of Medical Oncology, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, etc.
The quarterly newsletter and other community outreach programs portray the social commitments. It is a great opportunity to be a part of this enthusiastic team for academic excellence that paves way for global visibility.
The department in partnership with Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital offers pharmaceutical care services. The latest thrust area is focused on disinterring pathological mechanisms underlying drug interactions, adverse reactions, and generating safety signals through in-silico techniques and literature mining.
- Unraveling disease pathways and druggable targets through network pharmacology
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Signal detection
- Epidemiology and community research
- Highly qualified and multitasking staff
- Hospitals equipped with cutting edge technologies
- Multidimensional research environment
- Inter-Disciplinary Community Orientation Program (IDCOP) for societal outreach
- Publications in national and international journals and conferences of repute
- Publication of quarterly departmental newsletter “VISTA”
- Book chapters on trailblazing multifaceted technologies for invigorating drug repurposing
- Global visibility through exhibiting academic and clinical research in conferences
- Collaborative research with multi-specialty medical stalwarts
- Campus placement in renowned pharmacovigilance companies and multi-specialty hospitals
- Conducting workshops, conferences, webinars, and seminars for knowledge dissemination
- Pedagogical methodologies
- Simulating clinical case analysis through role plays
- Journal club to unravel the veiled research potential
- Practical training through bedside clinic and ward rounds
- Career building personality development activities
- Recipient of travel grants from prestigious professional organizations of global repute