Department of Pharmacology is one of the foundation departments of the Faculty of Pharmacy, dedicated to the training of undergraduate, postgraduate pharmacy, and doctoral students. The vision of the Department is to become a top-ranked research-academic center in the Pharmacology and Toxicology discipline in India that will be responsible for leadership in Pharmacology education, training, research, development, and related services. The main objective of the department is to prepare skilled graduates to meet the health care needs of the community and serve the Pharmaceutical sectors by providing well-qualified professionals. Also, to conduct cutting-edge research to thrive in the academic and industrial sector in Pharmacological sciences.
The Department of Pharmacology is fulfilled by its experienced teaching faculty with a dedicated vision of research and outcome-based teaching. The department is well known for its research activities, infrastructure and well-maintained CPCSEA approved animal house. The departmental activities include organizing national and international scientific programs, newsletters, webinars, collaborative research, MOU with Industries, publications in reputed Journals/conferences, etc.
Every year the department attracts ample students for higher education and encourages them to build a foundation for further research activities in pharmacological sciences. The laboratories are well-designed with all safety measures and provide facilities for the students to carry out all types of basic pharmacological in-vivo and in-
-vitro screening. Laboratories are also supported by simulation software for demonstration of in-silico pharmacological experiments. The laboratory enables students to become experts in animal handling and conduct skillful pharmacology research. After successful completion of research activities, the students are exposed to the publication of their research works in journals and other international scientific meets.
The Department is actively involved in preclinical research for the screening of chemical molecules from natural & synthetic origin for unmet therapeutic areas.
- Neurological Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Wound healing
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic interactions
- Toxicological studies
- DNA protective effects
- ADME studies
- Biomarkers identification for therapeutic response
- In-Vitro Cell Line studies
- Infectious Diseases
- Preclinical research facility for both modern and Indian Systems of Medicine
- Provisions for joint research projects of industry and institutions
- Highly qualified and experienced teaching staff
- Department organizes various Seminars, Webinars, and Guest Lectures for constant upgrading of knowledge
- Active involvement of faculty members in research & development activities
- Faculty members have published more than 250 Research publications in reputed National & International journals and presented 310 research papers
- Active Industry Institute Partnership with reputed Pharmaceutical Industries, institutions, and research organizations
- State of art infrastructure facilities with well-equipped laboratories, sophisticated instruments for preclinical research
- Campus Placement in reputed pharmaceutical industries
- Publication of quarterly e‑newsletter PANPHARMACON